Sunday, November 23, 2014

Baby girl's peaceful nursery

Oh, this has been such a fun room to decorate and I am thrilled with how it all turned out. I think the wall color really ended up setting the tone for the space, and I'm so glad when we moved in and repainted, we had a nursery in mind. I didn't want a traditional, super girly or bright room and I think it turned out perfect. The walls are a soothing shade of gray that immediately feels calm and welcoming. Initially the room was going to have a vintage travel theme, and while we've kept some hints of travel and definitely of vintage, it morphed into more of a shabby chic, soothing space and I couldn't be happier. There are definitely times when I sit in the rocking chair just soaking in the peacefulness, thinking about how in a few short weeks we'll be using the space for its intended purpose :)
Obsessed with our mobile - an Etsy find; Crib is Pottery Barn Kids 
(we got low profile for m y 5'4" frame); heart is reclaimed metal from a wine barrel
(which given our love of wine, this seemed pretty fitting)
View from the door
Dresser from Amazon and pulls from Anthropologie
Vintage mirror from Sweet Salvage; Ubbi diaper pail 
Dutailier custom rocker/recliner; Pillow from Home Goods;
Side table from Walmart online; Lamp from World Market

Love the toy box/peanut reading spot
Trunk from Home Goods, pillow from Sweet Salvage, Owl from Pier One
The final touch - floating shelf from West Elm with a photo of Gram circa 1945 in Phoenix,
her doll given to her by her sister when she was 10 years old, and a spot for Peanut's first photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment